On The Road Again

One of the great pleasures of being on the road is seeing how my music affects people. When I tour with James Cotton, we travel all over the world, places like Israel, Spain, The Netherlands, and Italy. Here are people who often don’t speak my language, but they are moved emotionally by my music. I can’t get enough of the hundreds of people who come to see me after the shows. They make it all worthwhile and give me the energy to want to keep reaching more and more groups with music!

Lately things have been tough all over. The economy is bad and many folks really have got the blues. But music is the key. The people want entertainment. They are looking for that special something to make them feel good about themselves. They might cut back on a lot of things, but never music and entertainment. It’s food for the soul.

The 1960s is proof of that. The 60s gave us some of the best music we will ever see, because in those times of trouble, war and assassinations, music was the outlet for many, many people and the music business thrived because of it.

Well, I feel that there is a need for me to take it back on the road with my new band. I will be touring the country and trying to help spread some joy and love. So in between my busy schedule performing with James Cotton, you just may find me in your hometown. And if you’d like to have us there, you can drop me a line and we’ll come and see you. So keep an eye out for us, we are coming to help let the good times roll!
-- Slam Allen "The Soul Working Man"

1 comment:

vaZ' said...

cool blog! take a swing by mine.. greatings from portugal!